What do we believe?
At SAYSF Bible Church, we hold firmly to the following core teachings (you can read the Scripture references by placing your cursor over each link):
- The verbal inspiration of the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- The trinity of the Godhead (Matt. 3:16-17; 28:18-20; 2 Cor. 13:14; 1 Peter 1:2).
- The creation of man by the direct act of God (Gen. 1:26-27).
- The fall of man and his need for redemption (Gen. 3:1-7).
- The deity, incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Matt. 1:18-20; Luke 1:31-34).
- Christ’s vicarious atonement for the sins of mankind by the shedding of his blood on the cross (Rom. 3:24-25; Eph. 1:7).
- The resurrection of his body from the tomb (Matt. 28:5-6; John 20:4-7, 24-28).
- Christ’s ascension into heaven (Acts 1:9-10; Rom. 8:34).
- Christ’s personal, imminent return (John 14:1-3; 1 Cor. 15:51-52; Titus 2:11-14).
- The deity of the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:2; Matt. 3:16; Acts 5:3-4; 1 Cor. 3:16).
- Justification of the believer by grace through faith (John 3:18, 36; Eph. 2:8-9).
- A literal devil who is our adversary (Gen. 3:1-5; Job 1:6-7; Matt. 4:1-11).
- A literal heaven for the redeemed and a literal hell for the lost (Matt. 25:41-46; Phil. 3:20-21).
- The infallible rule of interpretation of scripture to be scripture itself (2 Peter 1:20-21; 3:16).
- The requirement of implicit obedience to the expressed commands of Christ as the standard by which he will judge our love to him (John 14:15, 21, 23).
- We believe the Bible is the only authority for defining marriage which was created and ordained by God directly. We hold that marriage is between one man and one woman, and that marriage is the only legitimate and accepted sexual relationship (Lev. 18:22; Rom. 1:26-28; 1Cor. 6:9-11; 1Tim. 1:10-11; 1Cor. 7:2; Mark 10:6-9; Heb. 13:1-25; Jude 1:7).